Ingersoll-Rand Plc (IR) announced a regular quarterly dividend of $0.40, a 25 percent increase from the prior rate of $0.32 per share. The dividend will be paid at the new higher rate on December 30, 2016, to shareholders of record at close of business on December 9, 2016. Ingersoll-Rand is currently priced at $68.78.
Listed in the table below are the quarterly dividend payments since 2010. Our analysis of Ingersoll-Rand Plc. as a Top 100 Dividend Stock candidate is listed below;
Analysis of Ingersoll-Rand Plc. is based upon our five key criteria for the Top 100 list, which include;
|Dividend Growth (3-6 year avg)||26%||131|
|S&P Financial Rating||A||120|
Additional Information on P/S ratio and historical yield;
|% Yield||3 Year Div. Growth Rate||6 Year Div. Growth Rate||SPS 2016||P/S Ratio||10 yr P/S Low||10 yr P/S High||5 yr max Yield %||5 yr lowest Yield %|
- Ingersoll-Rand’s dividend yield is on average with that of the S&P 500 Index and is trading at the higher end of its average historical dividend yield.
- Ingersoll-Rand maintains an impressive 3 year dividend growth rate of 17%.
- Ingersoll-Rand has paid out a dividend consecutively for the past 23 years.
- Ingersoll-Rand is trading at a modest forward P/E ratio but above its average price/sales (P/S) range. From a relative valuation perspective based upon P/S, Ingersoll-Rand is slightly overvalued.
- Ingersoll-Rand maintains a credit rating of A. This is investment grade, a positive.
- Ingersoll-Rand maintains a beta of 1.20, higher than the average company.
Based upon its elevated historical P/S ratio and the above-average beta, Ingersoll-Rand does not qualify as one of our Top 100 Dividend Stocks.
Ingersoll-Rand Plc. Dividend Yield Chart (Click to enlarge)
Chart Explanation: Dividend growth stocks may be viewed favorably when the current yield is above historical readings for the past 5 years.
Further information on dividend investing and evaluating dividend growth candidates can be found at http://seekingalpha.com/author/timothy-mcintosh/articles