Brown & Brown Insurance Inc. (BRO) announced a regular quarterly dividend of $0.135, an 8 percent increase from the prior rate of $0.125 per share. The dividend will be paid at the new higher rate on November 9, 2016, to shareholders of record at close of business on October 28, 2016. Brown & Brown Insurance Inc. is currently priced at $37.26.
Listed in the table below are the quarterly dividend payments since 2010. Our analysis of Brown & Brown Insurance Inc. as a Top 100 Dividend Stock candidate is listed below;
Analysis of Brown & Brown Insurance Inc. is based upon our five key criteria for the Top 100 list, which include;
|Dividend Growth (3-6 year avg)||9.4%||227|
|S&P Financial Rating||A||120|
|% Yield||3 Year Div. Growth Rate||6 Year Div. Growth Rate||BV 2016||P/BV Ratio||10 yr P/BV Low||10 yr P/BV High||5 yr max Yield %||5 yr lowest Yield %|
- Brown & Brown Insurance’s dividend yield is on average with that of the S&P 500 Index and is trading below its average historical dividend yield.
- Brown & Brown Insurance maintains a 3 year dividend growth rate of 10.4%.
- Brown & Brown Insurance has paid out a dividend consecutively for the past 21 years.
- Brown & Brown Insurance is trading at a high forward P/E ratio and at a low price/book value (P/BV) ratio. From a relative valuation perspective based upon P/BV, Brown & Brown Insurance is undervalued.
- Brown & Brown Insurance maintains a credit rating of A. This is above investment grade, a positive.
- Brown & Brown Insurance maintains a beta of 0.90, lower than the average company.
Based upon its low dividend yield, and high P/E ratio, Brown & Brown Insurance does not qualify as one of our Top 100 Dividend Stocks.
Chart Explanation: Dividend growth stocks may be viewed favorably when the current yield is above historical readings for the past 5 years.
Further information on dividend investing and evaluating dividend growth candidates can be found at http://seekingalpha.com/author/timothy-mcintosh/articles