Ameren Corporation (AEE), announced a regular quarterly dividend of $0.44, a 4 percent increase from the prior rate of $0.425 per share. The dividend will be paid at the new higher rate on December 30, 2016, to shareholders of record at close of business on December 7, 2016. Ameren Corp. is currently priced at $48.18.
Listed in the table below are the quarterly dividend payments since 2010. Our analysis of Ameren Corp. as a Top 100 Dividend Stock candidate is listed below;
Analysis of Ameren Corp. is based upon our five key criteria for the Top 100 list, which include;
|Dividend Growth (3-6 year avg)||2.2%||353|
|S&P Financial Rating||A||120|
Additional Information on P/S ratio and historical yield;
|% Yield||3 Year Div. Growth Rate||6 Year Div. Growth Rate||SPS 2016||P/S Ratio||10 yr P/S Low||10 yr P/S High||5 yr max Yield %||5 yr lowest Yield %|
- Ameren’s dividend yield is above the average of the S&P 500 Index and is below its average historical dividend yield.
- Ameren maintains a 3 year dividend growth rate of 2.4%.
- Ameren has paid out a dividend consecutively for the past 18 years.
- Ameren is trading at a modest forward P/E ratio and at a high price/sales (P/S) ratio. From a relative valuation perspective based upon P/S, Ameren is overvalued.
- Ameren maintains a credit rating of A. This is above investment grade, a positive.
- Ameren maintains a beta of 0.70, lower than the average company.
Based upon its below average dividend growth rate, Ameren Corp. does not qualify as one of our Top 100 Dividend Stocks.
Ameren Corp. Dividend Yield Chart (Click to enlarge)
Chart Explanation: Dividend growth stocks may be viewed favorably when the current yield is above historical readings for the past 5 years.
Further information on dividend investing and evaluating dividend growth candidates can be found at http://seekingalpha.com/author/timothy-mcintosh/articles