Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT) announced an annual dividend of $0.30, an 11 percent increase from the prior rate of $0.27 per share. The dividend will be paid at the new higher rate on December 1, 2016, to shareholders of record at close of business on November 7, 2016. Sensient Technologies Corp. is currently priced at $71.37.
Listed in the table below are the annual dividend payments since 2010. Our analysis of Sensient Technologies Corp. as a Top 100 Dividend Stock candidate is listed below;
Analysis of Sensient Technologies Corp. is based upon our five key criteria for the Top 100 list, which include;
|Dividend Growth (3-6 year avg)||6.3%||286|
|S&P Financial Rating||B++||160|
Additional Information on P/S ratio and historical yield;
|% Yield||3 Year Div. Growth Rate||6 Year Div. Growth Rate||SPS 2016||P/S Ratio||10 yr P/S Low||10 yr P/S High||5 yr max Yield %||5 yr lowest Yield %|
- Sensient’s dividend yield is below that of the S&P 500 Index and is below its average historical dividend yield.
- Sensient maintains a 3 year dividend growth rate of 6.8%.
- Sensient has paid out a dividend consecutively for the past 19 years.
- Sensient is trading at a high forward P/E ratio and at a high price/sales (P/S) ratio. From a relative valuation perspective based upon P/S, Sensient is overvalued.
- Sensient maintains a credit rating of B++. This is below investment grade, a negative.
- Sensient maintains a beta of 1.10, higher than the average company.
Based upon its poor financial rating and high beta, Sensient Technologies Corp. does not qualify as one of our Top 100 Dividend Stocks.
Chart Explanation: Dividend growth stocks may be viewed favorably when the current yield is above historical readings for the past 5 years.
Further information on dividend investing and evaluating dividend growth candidates can be found at http://seekingalpha.com/author/timothy-mcintosh/articles