Occidental is our stock of the month based upon its attractive 4.38% dividend yield, low beta, strong credit rating, and key assets in the Permian Region. The firm has paid dividends consecutively for 23 years. If you want to find out if a stock is in our model portfolio please subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Occidental Petroleum Corp (NYSE:OXY) is an energy company specializing in the exploration for and production of crude oil and natural gas. It maintains operations in the Permian Basin in the U.S. along with international operations primarily in the Middle East. It also produces industrial chemicals, plastics, and fertilizers. The large firm also transports natural gas through pipelines. Production for Occidental was 667,000 barrels per day last year while reserves stand at approximately 3 billion barrels of oil equivalents.
My positive investment thesis for Occidental Petroleum is based upon seven key criteria, which include:
Key Selection Criteria
1. Large market capitalization.
2. A leadership position within an industry.
3. A strong balance sheet & solid cash flow.
4. A dividend above that of the S&P 500.
5. A strong commitment to dividend growth.
6. A strong balance sheet & high credit rating.
7. A low historical relative valuation as measured by price/sales and/or price/earnings ratios.
Capitalization Occidental Petroleum is a large-cap energy firm with a current market capitalization of $52.75B. The company currently has 764M shares outstanding.
Leadership Occidental maintains a leadership position in the …..
READ MORE OF THIS EXCLUSIVE ARTICLE; http://seekingalpha.com/article/4037769-occidental-premier-high-dividend-energy-firm